Work with Habitat
LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM COORDINATOR
Location: Remote, requiring online access (Ottawa, ON, Canada); some in-person meetings may be required
Hours: Flexible hours; consistent weekly daytime availability required for regular team meetings
Type of Contract: Temporary, Contract (4 months, November 2021 – February 2022)
Salary Band: $3,000 – $3,750 monthly, based on project management skills and experience
Reports to: Director of Operations and Communications
With the help of local Habitat families, donors, community partners and volunteers, Habitat for Humanity Greater Ottawa (HFHGO) builds affordable homes that provide a solid foundation for local families.
This flexible contract position offers an exceptional opportunity to develop professionally and contribute meaningfully to an organization with a recognizable, trusted brand and solid reputation. The Learning Management System (LMS) Coordinator works closely with the Family Services team to design, build and establish the organizations transition to a Learning Management System for its new virtual Homeowners Education Portal. The LMS Coordinator is a dynamic and highly motivated self-starter who is proactive in developing innovative online educational programing while seeking system improvements, and is a valued member of the HFHGO team.
As a member of our Family Services team, the LMS Coordinator is responsible for the set-up, onboarding and day-to-day administration of TOPYX, HFHGO’s eLearning Management System. The LMS Coordinator will be responsible for creating courses, lessons, campaigns, reports, multimedia learning and engagement tools and data and metrics management. They will also contribute to the development of system configurations, troubleshooting and the ongoing set-up and implementation of TOPYX. Additional responsibilities include systems security, systems testing, end-user set-up, training (internal and external), and reporting.
- Manage set-up and onboarding of inaugural Homeowners Education Portal eLearning Management System (LMS) and establish system requirements and standards, and maintain records and reporting
- Design, build and manage documents, resources and templates to create a highly engaging and interactive eLearning Homeowners Education Portal that meets organizational and learner needs in collaboration with Family Services team
- Support the design and development of course content, provide eLearning guidance, consultative services, and liaise with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to develop course specifications
- Develop and prepare interactive multi-media eLearning materials including graphics, photos, program content video production and Doodle videos
- Create and manage reporting mechanisms to track compliance, learning objectives and key metrics
- Use innovative techniques and creative delivery mechanisms to reach a diverse audience and proactively seek out program and system improvements
- Educate and mentor Family Services team and end useres on the use of a LMS and course authoring tools
- Degree or equivalent experience (1-3 years) in eLearning, instructional design and online course development related field, such as, but not limited to: Instructional Design, Learning Design, Learning Development, Adult Education, Organization Development, Educational Technologies, Computer Science
- Hands-on experience with a variety of eLearning authoring tools required (eg. Captivate, Articulate, Camtasia, Moodle, Storyline and Lessonly etc.)
- Video and multimedia production and editing experience
- Experience with LMS Administration
- Excellent organizational, listening and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including training content development and presentations
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to form successful relationships and collaborate with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects and competing priorities
- Proactive thinking, constantly seeking improvement opportunities in work and the ability to simplify complex information
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Please include a cover letter that addresses the following questions. Include your resume and cover letter in one document and name as follows: LASTNAME.FIRSTNAME_LMS2021.
Please ensure your cover letter addresses the following points:
- What is your experience related to LMS Administration, and in particular, to course content management?
- What multi-media, video, editing and graphic production skills do you have?
- How would you ensure strong project management and implementation of HFHGO’s Homeowners Education Portal eLearning Management System?
- Only applications submitted as requested will be reviewed and considered.
- A strong portfolio of e-learning and/or video work with instructional design examples that showcase strength in visual and graphic design will be requested at the interview stage.
HFHGO is committed to employment equity, actively seeks diversity in the workplace, and welcomes and encourages applications from members of equity-seeking groups including women, transgender, non-binary, and LGBTQ2S individuals; First Nations, Metis, and Inuit individuals, persons with disabilities, and members of racialized and marginalized groups.
HFHGO has implemented a number of safety protocols to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission including mandatory vaccination against COVID-19 for all current and new employees, even those working remotely. If any interested applicants are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to medical or other Ontario Human Rights Protected Grounds, please contact our office for accommodation information.
Retail Store Associate
Stittsville ReStore, 3 Iber Rd, Stittsville ON
Trainyards ReStore, 768 Belfast Rd, Ottawa ON
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 18-32 per week
Habitat for Humanity Greater Ottawa is a nonprofit organization that builds homes for families in need. The ReStores are retail operations that sell donated material to the public. All Greater Ottawa ReStore proceeds support Habitat for Humanity Greater Ottawa.
This position works in cooperation with other store associates, and volunteers to ensure the following tasks are completed in an efficient manner:
· Provide excellent customer service.
· Process donations according to ReStore guidelines.
· Direct volunteers in various tasks.
· Determine the acceptability of donations and receive donated materials.
· Process donations and move them onto the sales-floor for display.
· Operate point-of-sale.
· Upkeep and maintenance.
· Related duties as assigned.
· Day shift
· Monday to Friday
· Weekends where appropriate
Salary: $14.35 per hour
If you would like to apply to the Stittsville ReStore, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. If you would like to apply to the Trainyards ReStore, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.