ABOUT YOUTH BUILD
Habitat for Humanity GO Youth Build provides local youth with the opportunity to gain knowledge of trade industries on the build site, to promote the organization, to raise awareness of the rising need for affordable housing in Ottawa, to participate in community development, and to help give back to the community.
As a Youth Build participant, you will be an invaluable part of Habitat for Humanity’s mission to build homes, communities and hope. Our participants come from a variety of backgrounds, skills and trades, joining forces to share their time, talent and resources to build Habitat homes.
WHY SHOULD YOU GET INVOLVED?
Youth Build will provide youth with opportunities to participate in the construction of Habitat homes, organize and participate in community awareness campaigns and fundraising initiatives, and assist with other activities to support the mission of Habitat.
Volunteer commitments will range depending on the activity. A typical build day is eight hours, while events may have less of a time commitment.
WHAT IMPACT WILL YOU HAVE?
The success of Youth Build homes relies on support from volunteers, and donations from individuals and corporations to fund the program and build a home. The following are ways you can get involved in the Youth Build Program:
- Volunteer your youth group to raise funds and help on the Youth Build (please note that you must be 16 or older to participate on the build site).
- Join the Youth Build Committee to share your innovative ideas and grow your leadership skills.
- Fundraising through corporate or personal pledges is encouraged. All donations over $20 will receive a tax receipt.
- Sponsor the Youth Build Program. Sponsors receive public recognition at donation of $5,000 and above.
- Offer your expertise or company support through an in-kind donation. Please contact us to discuss what types of construction material and skills are required by the Youth Build Program.
Families are waiting. Volunteers are willing. But without funding, lots remain empty, hammers remain idle, and families remain in substandard or inappropriate housing. Whatever the amount, every gift helps transform the lives of families in need of affordable housing. Habitat leverages your cash gift with volunteer labor and donated materials to ensure that each donation goes even further.
Please click here to learn more about our Youth Build program on our build site for those ages 16-24. We also have a number of fundraising ideas for younger people. For more information, please contact Kristin Harold at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-749-9950 ext. 224.