A Habitat home is a stabilizing force for a family. Better, affordable living conditions lead to improved health, stronger childhood development and the ability — and financial flexibility — to make forward-looking choices
Do you Qualify?
To qualify for a Habitat home you must:
- View the Online Housing Information Application Video. Click here to learn more;
- Have a total family income (before taxes) between $47,871 and $75,130;
- Have children under the age of 18 at the time of move in;
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident;
- Be living somewhere that doesn’t meet your family’s needs;
- Be steadily employed, but can’t afford or can’t obtain a conventional mortgage;
- Be ready and able to contribute 500 volunteer hours (350 for single-parent families) to help build your own home and participate in other Habitat projects and community activities.
If you meet the above requirements, scroll down to start the application process.
- Complete our Online Homeownership Information Session
Please watch this video courtesy of Habitat Edmonton office that explains our Homeownership Program. Please note: income information varies by province. For more information please contact us.
- Answer the pre-qualification questions below
Once you have watched the Online Information Session, please scroll down and fill out the short pre-qualification form below to ensure you meet the eligibility requirements.
Please note: We only accept homeownership applications completed online.