host a fundraiser
Are you enthusiastic about spreading awareness of Habitat GO’s work locally? Do you want to fundraise for more homes to help families break the cycle of poverty?
Community fundraising events
Are you enthusiastic about spreading awareness of Habitat GO’s work locally? Do you want to fundraise for more homes to help families break the cycle of poverty? Hosting a fundraiser is a fun and easy way to engage others from your religious groups, workplaces, schools, sports teams, families and social circles. No fundraiser is too small or too big! 100% of the funds you raise will go directly to our builds to give our partner families a hand up, not a hand out.
Start planning by exploring our third party event manual.
How can I raise funds?
Here are a few ideas to raise funds for Habitat GO:
- Host a cocktail reception, walk-a-thon, birthday party, community yard sale or lemonade stand. The options are limitless – so is the impact!
- Got enough stuff? In lieu of gifts for special occasions, ask that a donation be made to Habitat GO
- Challenge Yourself – Planning to skydive? Shave your head? Run a marathon? Do it in the name of Habitat and raise donations in honour of your personal accomplishment!
- Ask family and friends to support your volunteer efforts. Set a fundraising goal for your build day.
- Create a team campaign with your office, friends, classmates or family members.