North Grenville Development
We will break ground on our next build in North Grenville, Ontario in partnership with Habitat for Humanity Thousand Islands in the spring of 2022. This 15-unit development consists of townhomes and stacked townhomes with accessible units available. The build is located in an established community near parks, schools, stores and the district hospital. Once complete, the project will be home up to 64 individuals including over 30 children.
- Located on Concession Road across from the Kemptville District Hospital and near Kemptville Area Family Resource Centre, local schools, Riverside Park and other amenities
- 15-unit development comprising conventional townhomes and stacked townhomes as well as accessible barrier-free units on the ground floor
- Construction slated for spring 2022 with six homes to be completed in 2022 and nine homes ready in 2023
- All homes will access either a private balcony or yard
- Parking available for all units
- All non-accessible units are 3 or 4-bedroom
- All accessible units are 2-bedroom
- The North Grenville project will follow our Blended Mortgage Model*
Our Blended Mortgage Model will take effect for our North Grenville development. Habitat families will purchase their home at fair market value through two affordable mortgages. The first is an interest-bearing mortgage that will come from a financial institution working in partnership with Habitat, with a second interest-free mortgage provided by Habitat.
This new model will see improved, long-term benefits for families while ensuring Habitat for Humanity can continue to serve even more local families in a sustainable and effective manner.
Benefits of the Blended Mortgage Model
- Families approved into our program partner with Habitat to purchase their home at fair-market value.
- Affordable monthly mortgage payments are capped at 30 percent of household income.
- There is no down payment required, removing a significant barrier to homeownership for many families.
- The model allows homeowners to build a formal credit history through a partial interest-bearing mortgage provided by a financial institution, making it easier for families to move onto market homeownership should they choose to.
- A partial interest-free mortgage held by Habitat ensures continued affordability for homeowners.
- Expenses such as utilities, property taxes, homeowner insurance and other household needs are the responsibility of the family.
Our Affordable Homeownership Program offers more than just housing; it sets families up to be successful homeowners who are invested in their homes and in their community.
Our North Grenville development will include three accessible barrier-free 2-bedroom units located on the ground floor. Accessible outdoor parking and barrier-free access leading to the entries will enable those with mobility issues to safely access the home.
Accessible housing can work for everyone, including those with physical disabilities. It also allows people to stay in their homes as their circumstances change, without expensive renovations. Our accessible units will feature wider door frames, open turning spaces within rooms, easy-to grab handle levers and light switches, a wheel-in shower stall and kitchen work surfaces with knee space below and adjustable storage spaces above.
Note: Families interested in the accessible units must qualify under Habitat Greater Ottawa’s Eligibility Criteria. We recognize the diversity of people with disabilities and will work with interested families on a case-by-case basis to ensure Habitat’s current accessible units adequately meet the needs of your family.
Learn more about the Eligibility Criteria and on how to apply.
- 2675 Mac Street (Gloucester-Southgate Ward)
- Outdoor parking provided