Celebrating More Than 24 Years of Building Homes and Build Hope
We have served more than 59 families since 1993 and we're building six more homes in Greater Ottawa this year...
Corporate and community sponsors have made the Habitat model work. Habitat homes rely on Platinum Hammer Sponsor Partners to cover a large portion of the costs associated with the builds. The other portion of the house cost is covered through the use of volunteer labour and donations from the community and corporations. These donations may be everything from a $100 donation made to the Habitat program to a local business donating new building materials such as lumber or kitchen cupboards towards the build.
The building of a Habitat GO home is a community event and celebration that draws attention. Our sponsors benefit from this awareness through recognition on signage, in press releases and in our post-build recognition program.
Building a reputation
As a Habitat GO sponsor, your team will benefit from association with the excellent reputation of Habitat for Humanity - a reputation that is augmented by a great deal of exposure through popular programs such as, The Oprah Winfrey Show, Home Again with Bob Villa and Ren-o-vations Across Canada. Habitat has also received praise and support from hundreds of well-known figures in politics and entertainment.
Your involvement with Habitat GO also presents an excellent opportunity to build your team morale and encourage their cooperation on a different kind of project. Working on a Habitat GO home through our Adopt-a-Day program will challenge your team to trust one another, will break down barriers and will effectively increase their communication skills.
How your team can get involved
For years we have worked to build hope for families in the Greater Ottawa area who are unable to own their own house due to limited income. We invite you to partner with Habitat GO, roll up your sleeves and help build a house.
To help achieve the goals of Habitat for Humanity GO and build lasting relationships, we suggest you encourage your suppliers, clients and business partners to join in your efforts and support this worthy program.
Each Of Us Has Skills... and Habitat for Humanity GO needs them all!
Building a house is more than just bricks and mortar. It's everything from swinging a hammer to serving meals, to laying sod, to providing money and land. The variety of skills you bring to the table will amaze the community. We have needs in every facet of construction:
- site maintenance and clean-up
- pre-build construction (foundation, etc.)
- first-aid and safety concerns
- food preparation and public relations
- serving on established committees like, build, volunteer, land acquisition, fundraising and finance.
- "People-in-the-know" - those who know the community and its housing needs are required for both site selection and applicant selection.
- people with construction skills, both for the planning and the actual building of a Habitat house.
All this is achieved through a collaborative effort, using an established and proven framework that details each phase of the build. Invest in your community through a Habitat for Humanity GO build.
Building Our Community's Future
Your team's financial investment in a Habitat GO build will create a decent new home for a family. The dream of home ownership for many hard-working, low-income families is just that - a dream. Habitat for Humanity GO helps make this dream a reality. The rigorous family selection process evaluates need, current housing conditions, financial status, character, and willingness to participate in the Habitat for Humanity program. All people in need, regardless of race or belief, are welcome to apply to Habitat for housing.
Habitat for Humanity GO provides a unique opportunity for motivated individuals to pool their respective talents and make a valuable contribution to the community. Your team will work together, gaining a sense of both personal and team satisfaction. In the process, they will become directly involved in the fight against one of the major causes of poverty - the lack of affordable housing for hard working, low income families.
Putting them in a challenging, company sponsored, non-competitive team build will help them :
- Learn multi-faceted problem-solving skills within constrictive timelines.
- Learn delegation of responsibilities, patience, creativity and accountability.
- Gain from a positive, fun and highly rewarding experience.
- Provide a long-term, tangible gift to their community.
- Help foster team building and caring for one another in an environment of equality.
- Feel a sense of pride in your company and themselves and the satisfaction of having made a difference.
- Respect and appreciate each other's abilities and contributions in an environment outside their normal workplace.
Direct Corporate Gains
Your company will greatly enhance their community profile through a Habitat build. You will gain:
- recognition in all pre-build, build, and post-build media coverage and Habitat GO communications.
- an investment in your employees, resulting in a more motivated, focused and team-oriented staff.
- extensive media exposure in every medium including television, print, radio and the web
- a long-lasting, tangible "gift to the community"
- the knowledge that you gave a family the most precious of gifts - the opportunity to buy their own home with a long term no interest mortgage.
THE REAL MIRACLE OF HABITAT FOR HUMANITY IS THAT IT NOT ONLY CHANGES THE LIVES OF THE FAMILIES PURCHASING THE HOUSE . . . BUT IT PROVIDES A TREMENDOUS SENSE OF PURPOSE AND FULFILLMENT FOR THE MANY VOLUNTEERS AND SUPPORTERS.