Important Eligibility Information
To qualify for a Habitat home you must:
- Have a total family income (before taxes):
- Between $43,560 and $65,313 for Ottawa residents;
- Between $39,950 and $59,200 for Lanark County residents;
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident;
- Be living somewhere that doesn’t meet your family’s needs;
- Be steadily employed, but can’t afford or can’t obtain a conventional mortgage;
- Be ready and able to contribute 500 hours of sweat equity to help build your own home and participate in other Habitat projects and community activities.
Applying for a Habitat GO home is Easy!
Simply follow these four steps:
- Please click here to view a video about Habitat for Humanity and how it works.
- DOWNLOAD AND FILL OUT THE APPLICATION FORM.
- ENSURE YOU MEET AND CAN MAINTAIN THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA DURING THE SELECTION PROCESS.
- RETURN THE APPLICATION FORM.
a) Bring or mail the completed Application Form to the Habitat GO office at 768 Belfast Road, Ottawa, before the deadline. We recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible so that it can be processed.
b) Along with the Application Form, some supporting documents will be required, e.g., pay stubs, proof of citizenship, tax returns and letters of reference. A report on your credit history may be obtained by Habitat GO. Do not hesitate to ask a friend, a family member, or someone you trust for help. You may also contact the office for assistance or any questions you may have along the way at 613-749-9950 ext. 225.
Building Skills. Building Experience. Building Friendship. Building Homes!